Recruitment Information & Guides
Introduction to RECRUITMENT DOCUMENTS
IMPORTANT UPDATES AS OF 2017
Thank you for taking time to endorse a Potential New Member (PNM) for membership to Chi Omega Fraternity. Your recommendations are vital to sustain the quality standard of membership of our Fraternity.
Two Quick Guides follow with details on completing both a Recruitment Information Form and a Letter of Support.
Each Potential New Member (PNM) should request that a Chi Omega alumna in good standing write 1 (one) RIF on her behalf. Likewise, it is recommended that the PNM request that two different alumnae write a Letter of Support (LOS) each on her behalf. Thus, 2 (two) Letters of Support are submitted. The LOS is not a national requirement and varies from campus to campus. Most SEC, Texas and other universities and colleges in the southern and southeastern states request Letters of Support. In summary, each PNM should ask three different Chi Omega alumnae to endorse her for recruitment: one alumna to author the RIF and two separate alumnae to write LOS.
There are some important updates for writing and submitting Letters of Support. Please read the revised procedures / information below closely.
Regardless of what a PNM may hear at her university or from her peers, all recruitment documents are due to be submitted on-line, per the following instructions, no later than MAY 1 for those who live in the greater Houston area.
CHI OMEGA ON-LINE RIF QUICK GUIDE
The Recruitment Information Form (RIF) is the primary and official recommendation form established by Chi Omega Fraternity. One RIF per Potential New Member is strongly recommended. The PNM information provided in the RIF is thoroughly reviewed by the university’s Chi Omega Chapter Recruitment Team prior to the start of Recruitment. Therefore, it is to the PNM’s advantage if the alumna fully and accurately completes all input fields of the on-line RIF.
• You will need the PNM’s social resume and digital portrait photo between 275-350 KB in jpeg format emailed to you. Have the PNM check with her photographer if she does not provide an appropriately sized digital photo and you do not know how to resize it yourself. Save these documents into a file labeled with the PNM’s name on your computer.
• Go to www.chiomega.com and sign-in. Click on My Everyday then make sure your alumna on-line profile is up-to-date.
• Scroll down on your profile page to the section headed RECRUITMENT INFORMATION, find the link for Submit an On-line Recruitment Information Form (RIF), click this link.
• Click on Create New RIF - PLEASE fill each data field as completely as possible. Contact the PNM if you need further information that is not on her resume (i.e. mother’s email address is important in case the PNM pledges Chi Omega then we are able to contact her about the Chi Omega Mothers Club and their activities). It is to the PNM’s absolute advantage to have a fully completed RIF.
• Fully complete Information in POTENTIAL NEW MEMBER INFORMATION window and upload a “head and shoulders portrait” photo of PNM in jpeg format sized 275-350 kb. (Browse to find the folder with the PNM’ name on it that you previously created and click on the photo; should you experience difficulty uploading the PNM photo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance). Click next to proceed.
• Fully complete PARENT INFORMATION then click next.
• Fully complete the COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY ATTENDING section including the drop-down menu identifying all universities hosting a Chi Omega collegiate chapter. If the university name is not listed, there is not presently a Chi Omega chapter active on that campus. Click next.
• Fully complete PRIOR COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY – only necessary if the PNM is a transfer student or a sophomore on campus. Click next.
• Fully complete HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION then click next.
• Fully complete CHI OMEGA RELATIONSHIPS including mother even if you listed that under parent information. Click Search the Chi Omega Directory to find and confirm Chi Omega relationships. If you cannot find the Chi Omega relative you are searching for contact the National Office. Click next.
• Fully complete OTHER RELATIVES OR FRIENDS WITH SORORITY OR FRATERNITY AFFILIATIONS. Click next.
• Fully complete OTHER INFORMATION – the information submitted here is vitally important! This information can be copied and pasted from the PNM’s social resume that you have saved in a file on your computer. Prioritize activities, accomplishments, etc. by listing the most important/recent FIRST. Please do not use acronyms that others might not comprehend.
• RECOMMENDATION – Under Additional Comments explain why this PNM fulfills the Six Purposes of Chi Omega and why she would be a great Sister. The field is limited to 300 characters. Choose your words wisely!
• At this point, you may click Save if you are not quite finished with the RIF or if you are certain you have provided all the information required then click Submit Completed Form.
On-line RIF Tips
YOU ARE FINISHED! You will receive an immediate email confirmation from Chi Omega’s Executive Headquarters that your RIF has been accepted on-line. The RIF will then be electronically submitted for on-line approval by the appropriate Area Recruitment Information Chair (ARIC).
All on-line RIFs are due by May 1 whether the university hosts Fall or Spring recruitment activities.
CHI OMEGA ON-LINE LETTER OF SUPPORT
(LOS) QUICK GUIDE
• You will need the Potential New Member’s social resume to complete a Letter of Support (LOS). The RIF is the primary Recruitment document while the LOS lends an endorsement to the qualifications of the PNM. Chi Omega chapters that utilize LOS usually recommend two LOS for each PNM.
The primary purpose of a Letter of Support (LOS) is to provide insight and matching tips to the chapter for Recruitment. (For example, Sally attended Camp Wahoo for 8 years and knows Cindy, Lisa and Carrie in the Chi O chapter. Sally is likewise an accomplished gymnast, competing across the country and is well-acquainted with the current chapter’s president through this activity.)
The LOS should be submitted via email to the appropriate Chi Omega Recruitment Advisor. The LOS should be written in the body of an email, not sent as an attachment. You should also cc: email@example.com so there is a back-up of your LOS, if needed.
Every chapters’ roster of Recruitment Advisors may be found by logging into the secure national website and then accessing the Recruitment Advisor roster. The roster is presented in alpha order by state name: Follow the link below: https://everyday.chiomega.com/interactive-tools/recruitmentadvisors
IMPORTANT NOTE: Recruitment Advisors should NOT be directly contacted by alumnae regarding recruitment progress by a PNM. Such contact could result in a recruitment violation and jeopardize the recruitment options for the PNM. Should you have any questions, please contact The Houston Alumnae Recruitment Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for your Letter of Support (LOS) submitted by e-mail
YOU ARE FINISHED!
PLEASE NOTE: You will not automatically receive an email confirmation for submitting an on-line Letter of Support. An e-mail confirmation is only received from the Executive Headquarters of Chi Omega when submitting an on-line RIF.
Thank you for extending your time and energy to support a young woman interested in the same Greek experience that you enjoyed. Your efforts do make a difference!